Why should you be cautious in setting right away in an agreement when claiming money after a car accident?


As an insured driver after having to suffer an accident you may be likely to be hasty in agreeing on the first amount the car insurance company has offered you. Note that you can also write them a demand letter in case you really are in a hurry to receive the money. But remember that the adjusters of car insurance companies has the job to ensure that the claim is settled quickly and cheaply as possible for the car insurance company to save money. Car insurance company adjusters have a certain range of amount of money which will they offer a certain insured driver with a certain case of accident. This range of amount they have in offering you for a settlement is what they think is enough for you and makes the car insurance company save money. So their first offer would usually be the smallest offer they have. Note also that when you reach the highest offer the car insurance company adjuster can give, even though you still think you deserve a much bigger sum of money, negotiating with the adjuster would be a long shot. But there are other ways on which you can still pursue like talking to the adjusters supervisors, etc.

 But having that issue aside and focusing more on the consequences on having a hasty decision on taking the adjusters offer. After you had an agreement, the insurance company will make sure that you won’t have the chance to sue them after you had your money, so they ask you sign a form called Release and Weaver. It is a legal document so asking an attorney would be a good advice. Because after you sign the document and you have received your money, you can no longer sue the other party if ever your previous injuries from the accident, for example back pains, returned after you have signed the Release and Weaver. Understanding first the content of what you will be signing is advisable and an attorney makes sure that you understand such conditions. And so before signing a Release and Weaver as an advice consult an attorney. And in case you suffered injuries from the accident consult also your physician for some information, because you may be feeling better but they could still be problems that might occur in the long run that has connections on what you suffered from the accident.