In this day and age, saving money is a common practice. It may be because of the recession our country is currently facing. Regardless of what the reason may be, doing so still proves to be a beneficial act. If it is possible to save from something, then there is no reason to hesitate on doing the act. Motorists, for example are forever on the lookout for ways on how to lower their auto insurance rates without compromising their coverage, that is.
But having cheap auto insurance for the so called “risky drivers” is somewhat perceived by insurance companies as something close to impossible. To avoid this dilemma, here are some tips not to fall under the “risky driver” category:
First of all, know the descriptions of a risky driver and the reason why they are categorized as such.
- Teenagers – perceived as not yet mature enough to be responsible drivers.
- Senior citizens – due to their age, reflexes and senses which are already deteriorating makes them somewhat unfit to drive.
- Motorists with a lot of traffic violations – traffic violations, tickets, etc only gives the image of what an irresponsible driver is.
- Motorists owning luxury vehicles – fast cars are always known to be accident prone, not to mention its vulnerability to thieves.
Car insurance companies have these above mentioned guidelines in branding a possible client. If you fall under one or two of the categories above, chances are, you will not be able to avail of a cheap car insurance rate.
But if you are a student driver and would want to lower your auto insurance rate, here are the proven ways:
- Student motorists can undergo a defensive driving course. Not only will they become more knowledgeable in defensive driving, but they will also persuade providers to think that they are responsible and mature enough; therefore deserving a discount on their premiums.
- Student drivers can show providers their good grades at school. Being responsible in school may be mean that they could also be responsible drivers while on the road despite their young age.
- Parents can include their children in their current premiums. This means that they are also taking responsibility with regards to their children’s driving skills. This act will certainly lower a student’s insurance premium.
- Student drivers who make it a point to keep their records clear of any kind of violation are rewarded. Keep in mind that a clean driving history always equals to low premium rates.